Tuesday, May 25, 2010

KZ Creative Initiative

KZ Creative developed in response to new businesses created by young entrepreneurs, which can survive solely online. The advent of the internet and the rise of social media creates opportunity for tremendous growth in these new online companies.

While older, less tech-savvy generations fail to understand the power and marketing advantage of new communication technologies, like social media and online advertising, young entrepreneurs capitalize on their online social networks to gain profits.

For example, I have 2 Facebook accounts, 1 MySpace, 3 Google email accounts, 1 UW email, 1 Twitter account, 1 Flicker account, 1 LinkedIn account, 1 talent account, and 1 painting community that I participate in. I have over 1000 contacts online and that does not include my past job connections, new friends, family, acquaintances, and family friends. If I contact everyone I know about my new business and I only get a %5 percent response rate from (1000) people asking for my services, that's 50 clients. And as a single person Advertising Agency, I think I could only handle 5 clients by myself before I start hiring interns.

Utilizing new technology is the advertising wave of the future. Advertising is moving back to a conversation between companies and consumers. Companies can communicate to consumers more effectively and consumers can provide instant feedback through the Internet. The ideal target market (18-24, disposable income) interacts online and advertisers can reach them economically online. While creating a Facebook page for your business is free, a traditional newspaper ad campaign will cost a business thousands of dollars.

KZ Creative will thrive off of the use of online media and network marketing.

Recent college graduates grew up with the internet and online tools, plus they possess the analytical skills to utilize online resources. In the past four years, I learned how to research online- evaluating websites, utilizing social media as a web source, in addition to traditional research on web databases. Therefore, I know how to utilize the internet for advertising purposes.

KZ Creative will conduct ethnographic studies on new online communities and marketing tactics that it explores. Recording research in new areas, such as Facebook ads and online marketing, will foster more efficient advertising and website development to attract online sponsors.

No comments:

Post a Comment